The structure of the swimming pool enclosure is filled with honeycomb polycarbonate: 10 mm, 8 mm or compact 4 mm panels. We use twin-wall or four-wall honeycomb polycarbonate. The polycarbonate panels cause the so-called greenhouse effect. Sunbeams dispersed in the atmosphere even on overcast days cause heating of the water and air in the closed enclosure. At night or on cold and cloudy days, the water and air cool down slower. The outer surface of all polycarbonate boards is covered in a high-quality UV stabilization layer, which absorbs the effects of harmful UV radiation and prevents impairment, cracking and unwanted color changes in the polycarbonate.
Properties of compact polycarbonate:
Compact 4 mm polycarbonate has much better optical properties than honeycomb polycarbonate. It can be used as the filling for the entire enclosure or for some parts only – e.g. front walls, side walls, etc.
Twin-wall polycarbonate is supplied in four colors:
- Light blue
Properties of four-wall polycarbonate:
Four-wall polycarbonate increases the thermal insulation by 13 % (in comparison with twin-wall polycarbonate).
- The segments of a swimming pool enclosure can be moved in both directions; as required they can be moved telescopically to the end of the swimming pool or spread to cover the water surface. A retractable swimming pool enclosure makes it possible to use the pool even during bad weather. The other benefit of mobility is that on warm sunny days you can still enjoy the pleasure of using an uncovered swimming pool. There is no need to fit special air-conditioning systems.
- The entrance to the pool or spa enclosure may be a swinging door (with or without a brush bottom) or sliding door (with brush bottom). The doors may be single or double. The standard width of a single door is 32-36 inches. In the side of most segments it is possible to place a sliding door, which may serve either as an additional entrance or as an alternative to a door in the front wall, especially in the case of low enclosures.
- Another method of providing access to swimming pool enclosures is to construct the lower side walls with vertically sliding polycarbonate panels.
- In large or dome-shaped enclosures windows may be fitted to improve ventilation.
- If there is an obstacle, for example a pool ladder, hydro jet, or raised pool edge, the enclosure is provided with a hinged lower wall section of front/back wall which can be lifted in order to slide the enclosure section over the obstacle.
- The maximum width of some models of IPC pool enclosure is up to 45 feet.